Welcome High Schoolers!
We are glad you are joining the Catholic University community! The Office of Enrollment Services is here to assist with questions related to registration and student accounts. Visit us on the 2nd floor of Father O'Connell Hall, email us at email@example.com, or call us at 202-319-5300.
Once you've accepted the offer of admission and have been matriculated, follow the below steps to enroll in classes and pay your tuition bill.
1. Read and accept the Statement of Financial Responsibility (SFR). There are three ways to accept the statement and the method you must follow depends on your age and whether you are participating in a summer camp program:
- If you are participating in a summer camp program, your parent will complete the SFR electronically, along with all other required forms, using a weblink that will be emailed to them after you accept your offer of admission. Be sure to accept your offer of admission in the admissions portal to trigger the email being sent to your parent/guardian.
- If you are under the age of 18 and are not participating in a camp program, you and a parent or legal guardian must sign a paper copy of the SFR and return it to the Office of Enrollment Services. A scanned or photographed copy of the signed statement can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 202-319-5831.
- If you are age 18 or older and are not participating in a camp program, you can electronically accept the SFR via the link in the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students.
2. Set your password. Visit password.catholic.edu to establish a password for our systems. You'll use this password to enroll in classes, pay your bill, request a transcript, access computers in on-campus classrooms and labs, and access online resources remotely.
You will need to know your username and ID number to set your password. Both of these items will be emailed to you the day after you are matriculated; however, if you can not locate the email, contact email@example.com for assistance. (Please note: High school students are advised to leave the prompt for the last four digits of the social security number blank on the password reset page since most do not have a SSN in our system.)
3. Search for the class(es) in which you wish to enroll. Log into Cardinal Students and search for your class/camp by selecting the Manage Classes tile followed by the Class Search and Enroll option. Type either the course name or the subject+number combination into the search box and initiate the search.
|Subject + Number
4. Enroll in your desired class(es). From the results list from step 3, select the class in which you wish to enroll. On the following page, you can either select the hyperlink to view more details about the course or you can select anywhere other than the hyperlink to advance in the enrollment process. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your enrollment. (Repeat steps 3-4 if you wish to enroll in additional classes.) More detailed enrollment instructions can be found here.
5. Pay your bill. After you have enrolled in your class(es), the applicable tuition and fee charges will calculate onto your account. Charges will populate via an automated overnight process but if you wish to remit payment prior to the charges populating onto your account, you may do so; however, keep in mind that if you do this you won’t see the actual charges at the time you remit payment.
To view your bill and remit an online payment, select the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students followed by either View Account Statement or Make A Payment. Either option will prompt you to select a button to launch Cardinal Pay by entering your account information a second time. Once in Cardinal Pay, you can review your statement and/or remit online payments. If you need to set a parent or guardian up with their own access to Cardinal Pay, follow the instructions here.
Note: If you are still using your temporary password to access Cardinal Students you will need to reset it before you are able to access Cardinal Pay. Passwords can be reset at password.catholic.edu.
To remit payment via check, mail payment along with your statement from Cardinal Pay, to the below address. Please ensure your name and student ID number are clearly labeled on the check.
The Catholic University of America
6. Request your transcript. When your class is over you can request a transcript showing your class participation and grade. You can actually request a transcript at any time, so be sure to keep track of your Cardinal Students username and password – you’ll need them if you wish to request a transcript in the future. You can review your transcript in Cardinal Students or request to have an official copy sent to any recipient.
Note: To drop a class, select the Manage Classes tile in Cardinal Students followed by the option for the term from which you wish to drop. Select the row for the class(es) you’d like to drop and then select the Next button. Follow the on-screen prompts to drop the class(es). If it’s after the add/drop deadline for any class you attempt to drop you will receive a warning message before you confirm the transaction.
Resources You May Find Helpful
- Cardinal Station Navigation Guides
- Cardinal Pay
- Academic Calendars
- Student Accounts Calendar
- Cardinal Mail Set-Up
Parents and Guardians
If you are the parent or guardian of a new student, please review our Parent Information page.