Students can view account activity via the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students. Student can also access the Cardinal Pay site through the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students. Cardinal Pay enables students to do the following:
- View account activity
- Generate on-demand account statements
- Remit electronic payments
- Enroll in the optional monthly payment plan
- Enroll in direct deposit for student account refunds
- Establish Authorized Users for their student account
- Authorized Users can access the system as described in the Authorized User section below.
Catholic University account statements are only available electronically through the Cardinal Pay website. Catholic University does not mail paper statements.
Students should access Cardinal Pay through the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students. If students wish to grant access to their account to other individuals they can do so by selecting Actions > Manage Authorized Users from the top righthand menu in Cardinal Pay.
Authorized Users (those for whom the student has granted online account access) can access Cardinal Pay at https://catholic.myonplanu.com
Once in Cardinal Pay, account activity can be viewed either by selecting the See Details box on a specific term or by selecting the Account Activity tab at the top of the screen.
- To view activity for a single term, select Expand All on the header for the term. To generate a pdf statement for a single term, select Print Term Statement on the header for the term.
- To view cumulative account activity, use the box under and to the right of the student's name/ID to select a term or date range and then select the Generate Activity Report button. A pdf account summary for the selected criteria will open in a new browser window.
Access to Cardinal Pay is restricted to the student unless the student authorized access for a third party, including parents. Individuals to whom a student grants access to Cardinal Pay are referred to as “Authorized Users.” There is no limit to the number of Authorized Users allowed.
Authorized Users can access Cardinal Pay at https://catholic.myonplanu.com. Please note that this link will NOT work for students, as students must access Cardinal Pay via the link in the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students.
There are two ways for a third party to gain Authorized User access to Cardinal Pay: the student can establish access directory or the third-party can request access to the system and the student can approve the access.
- Students can establish Authorized User access by following these steps:
- Log into Cardinal Students
- Select the Student Accounts tile
- Select the Authorize Users menu option
- Select the Cardinal Pay button
- Log into Cardinal Pay
- Select Manage Authorized Users from the Actions menu near the top right of the page
- Select the Add Authorized User button
- Enter the name and email address of your Authorized User
- Select the Create button near the bottom of the page
- The Authorized User will receive a welcome message at the email address provided. The AU should use the link in the message to set up their account.
- Third parties can request Authorized User access by following these steps:
- Visit https://catholic.myonplanu.com/login and select the Create New Account button
- Check your email for an Activate Your Email Address message and select the link in the email to activate your account
- Log into the system when prompted
- Enter your student's information
- Ask your student to check their Catholic University email account for a message prompting them to grant access to their account. When they log into the system they will see a message asking them to grant or deny your access. If they choose to grant access then you'll see their account information the next time you log into your Cardinal Pay account. Only the student can grant AU access. If you are unable to access the student’s account after following the above steps you should follow up with the student directly.
Payment can be made in Cardinal Pay 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, using a checking/savings account or credit/debit card. Payments submitted in Cardinal Pay will post to the student account in Cardinal Students in real time. There is no charge to remit an e-check payment in Cardinal Pay; there is a 2.75% service fee for payments made using a debit or credit card.
Students electing to pay their balance by mail should include a copy of their statement along with their payment. Students should also write their student ID on their check or money order. Instructions for generating a pdf statement appear in the above section. The mailing address will be listed at the top of the pdf.
Information on additional payment methods is available on the Payment Options webpage.
Payment due dates are listed on billing statements and are also available on our Student Accounts Calendar.
If not paid to the university by the due date, outstanding balances are subject to late payment fees and interest charges (as listed on the Tuition and Fees page) and may result in transcript, registration, and/or diploma holds being placed on the student's record.
Unless otherwise noted, the first due date for each semester is the Friday before the semester begins. Any charges incurred after that date are due upon assessment of the charge.
Students who owe a balance to the university may be subject to registration, transcript, and diploma holds. Transcript and diploma holds may apply to students with any outstanding balance. Registration holds may apply to students with outstanding balances of $300 or more.
Late fees are assessed once per semester on the following dates:
- Fall term- first Tuesday after add/drop*
- Spring term- first Tuesday after add/drop*
- Summer term- first Monday after the start of sessions 25 and 26*
*dates will be posted on the Student Accounts Calendar
The late fee is 5% of the total outstanding student account balance for the current term, excluding outstanding charges that are less than 30 days old. This balance includes all unpaid charges from the current term that are at least 30 days old less any scheduled payments for the current term from university-disbursed financial aid or the monthly payment plan.
Interest is assessed on unpaid student account balances on the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on a date the university is closed, interest is assessed on the first business day after the 15th.
Unpaid charges from each term will begin to accrue interest in the following months:
- Fall term – October
- Spring term - February
- Summer term - June
Interest is assessed at a rate of 18% per annum and is assessed on the total outstanding account balance, excluding outstanding charges that are less than 30 days old. This balance includes all unpaid charges from the current or prior terms that are at least 30 days old less any scheduled payments for the current term from university-disbursed financial aid or the monthly payment plan.