Welcome New Students!
We are glad you are joining our campus community! We are here to assist with questions related to registration and student accounts. Visit us on the 2nd floor of Father O'Connell Hall, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 202-319-5300.
Before Beginning Classes:
- Accept the Statement of Financial Responsibility - You will need to accept this statement before you are able to register for classes. To complete this requirement, select the Statement of Financial Responsibility option in the Student Account tile in Cardinal Students and then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Set-up Authorized Payers in Cardinal Pay - CUA does not mail bills. Your monthly student account statement will be available via Cardinal Pay. Notification of statements will go only to you (at your CUA email address) unless you add Authorized Payers to your Cardinal Pay account. Additionally, we are unable to discuss or disclose account information to any person other than you -- including parents and guardians -- unless you have stablished that person as an Authorized Payer on your account. Instructions for granting this access are available at https://enrollment-services.catholic.edu/billing/payment/cardinal-pay/students.html#SetUpPayer.
- Authorize Access to Your Student Record - Access to your student record can not be granted to anyone other than you -- including parents and guardians -- unless you have provided written consent for your record to be released. To authorize the release of your data, complete the Education Records Release form and return it to our office.
- Waive the Student Medical Plan - All domestic students billed for 12 or more credits and all International students (regardless of the number of credits) are required to carry medical insurance. If you already have medical coverage, be sure to complete the online waiver by the deadline; otherwise you will be auto-enrolled in the plan offered by the university. The waiver can be accessed beginning mid-summer each year at http://studentinsurance.cua.edu.
Consider Enrolling In:
- Monthly Payment Plan - Tuition and fees are due in full at the start of each semester. If you'd prefer to spread your balance out over the course of the semseter you may do so by enrolling in the monthly payment option through Tuition Management Systems. Information is available at https://enrollment-services.catholic.edu/billing/payment/payment-options/paymentplan.html.
- Tuition Refund Plan - Enrollment in this optional tuition insurance plan will ensure that students who withdrawal during the semester receive a refund of charges paid. If you do not participate in the Tuition Refund Plan, any refund is limited to the amounts allowed by the university's Refund of Student Charges policy. Information is available at http://www.collegerefund.com.
Resources You May Find Helpful
- Cardinal Station Navigation Guides
- Academic Calendars
- Office of Student Finanical Assistance
Parents and Guardians
If you are the parent or guardian of a new student, please review our Parent Information page.