Making Guest Payments
Navigate to Cardinal Pay for Guest Payers
Enter the student's CUA ID number, last name, and first name in the fields on the screen. Click Search.
At the results screen, verify that this is the student for whom you wish to make a payment. Click Cardinal Pay. Cardinal Pay will open in a pop-up window; popup blocker on your browser must be turned off.
The next page will display two types of payment options: Guest Tuition and Fees Payment and Guest Enrollment Deposit. Select the option for the payment you wish to submit and then select the Make Payment button.
Select the term for which you wish to submit the payment.
Enter the dollar amount of the payment you wish to make.
Select the type of payment you wish to make: eCheck or Credit Card (which includes debit cards) and then select the Continue button.
If you select eCheck, the eCheck Payment screen will appear. If you select Credit Card, the Credit Card payment screen appears.
e-Check. This is a payment directly from your checking or savings account. In order to make an e-Check payment, you will need:
- the name of the bank account holder
- the account type (checking or savings)
- the bank routing number (9 digits)
- the checking or savings account number (the second set of digits on your check, excluding the check number)
- Some bank accounts, such as investment accounts, money market accounts, home equity loans, and HELOCs (home equity line of credit) do not allow on-line (ACH) payments and may not be used for the e-Check option. Please check with the financial institution which holds the account to find out if it allows an on-line (ACH) payment before you enter the payment transaction.
Credit or Debit Card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa). In order to make a credit or debit card payment, you will need:
- the cardholder's name
- the card type (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa)
- the credit card number
- the credit card expiration date
- your e-mail address for contact information
Debit cards usually have a daily limit; verify this limit with the issuing bank before processing your payment.
A nonrefundable 2.75% service fee is assessed to the cardholder for credit and debit card payments. There is no charge for e-check payments.
Once the payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation number by e-mail to the address you provided when making the payment. The payment will be applied immediately to your student's account in most cases.
For information about other payment options, click here.